Life is full of pressures, deadlines and demands. For some people, stress is so common that it becomes their way of life. We think of stress as being “bad” and relaxation as being “good”. Actually, in healthy doses, stress is a good thing. It can help us perform under pressure and motivate us to do our best. It can help us to stay focused, energetic and alert. The stress response is our body’s way of protecting us. In emergency situations, stress can be lifesaving – giving us extra strength to defend ourselves, or impelling us to slam on the brakes to avoid an accident.
But when you’re constantly running in crisis mode, your mind and body pay the price, as I can attest to!
I used to think I could handle stress. In fact, as a teenager, I was told that I handled stress well, so it became what I did. I actually took pride in it! I learnt that to ‘handle stress’ was a sign of my capability and capacity – to do more, and with little or no regard for my wellbeing. It wasn’t until I was much older and my body had buckled under the weight of stress that I realised the toll that stress had taken on me physically, mentally and emotionally. I was living my life from a predominantly mental space, always striving intellectually but not actually embodying my being.
Have you ever ignored your body and the signs it’s giving you? I used to do it all the time. I’d push it beyond it’s comfort zone – one more job, one more hour of work, one more responsibility. I’d put off exercising in favour of working, I put off drinking water to sit at my computer… just to finish one more task, I’d put off eating until I was so hungry I could eat my keyboard! I’d overthink decisions to the point of paralysis and worry what other people would think. I’d forget to breathe and take time for myself and ignore all the signs my body was gifting me to create more balance and ease in my life. Ironically, it was at the time that I was striving for good grades and favouring my mental capacities that I learnt this was not the most ‘intelligent’ way to live my life. Now days I am better able to protect myself by recognising the signs and symptoms of stress and taking steps to reduce its harmful effects.
I do this by using the many tools and techniques of Access Consciousness. All of the tools are easy and simple to integrate into everyday life and work on the physical, mental, and emotional levels. These tools and techniques help people to get rid of stress, sleep better, focus, and function with a far greater level of ease.
One of the main tools of Access Consciousness is to be in the question rather than in the conclusion of things. The reason for this is that a question is empowering you and a conclusion is disempowering.
So, what does “being in the question” actually mean, and how does that eliminate stress in your life?
Functioning in the question means never coming to a conclusion, a decision or a judgment about anything, ever. That includes giving up any point of view that your life should be, must be, ought to be, or has to be serious and stressful.
Have you ever heard the saying “Your point of view creates your reality, your reality does not create your point of view”?
When you create the decisions and definitions of where you are heading and what it must look like, you eliminate all the random places that possibilities can show up for you. You eliminate joy, fun, ease and creativity being a part of your life. If you didn’t decide or judge that your life is serious or stressful, what other possibilities could arise?
What would living a stress free life actually be like? What would you have to be or do different?
How can you get over your current point of view, change it and create a different point of view?
Start by asking lots more questions.
Give up asking questions you can answer (these kinds of questions aren’t actually questions, they are conclusions and statements with questions marks attached), and instead ask questions that open up doors to possibilities and new awareness that you cannot predict or imagine.
- What else is possible that I have never considered?
- How does it get even better than this?
- What’s right about me that I’m not getting?
- What would be fun for me to create today?
- What do I know that I have been refusing to acknowledge that if I acknowledged it would allow a greater level of ease?
Access Consciousness is a pragmatic system with literally thousands of tools and questions to empower you to create a life that works for you. There is no right or wrong way to do it. There is no one telling you how you should live your life. Only you will know what works for you.
Here are some of the everyday situations that come up in life, and how you may respond differently using the tools of Access Consciousness…
- You are having one of the worst days ever and you ask ‘How does it get any better than this?’
- You feel stuck with a problem that won’t change and you ask ‘What else is possible here I’ve never considered?’
- Your body is aching and hurting and you get rid of it by asking ‘Who does this belong to?’
- Instead of stressing about not having enough money, you ask ‘What other revenue streams are available?
- When you’re brushing your teeth in the morning you ask the question – ‘What grand and glorious adventures will I have today?’
- When you have a decision to make, recognise that there is no wrong choice. Each choice you make creates a new possibility and gives you awareness of what you can create. ‘What would you choose if you knew you could not fail?’
- When you have a lot going on and you are finding it difficult to be present – Pause, take a moment, and feel your feet on the floor. Close your eyes. Put your hands on your belly, and breathe in and out. Take a few deep breaths, feeling your hands move back and forth with your breath. Ask your body to connect with your being. Now reach down into the earth with your being. Go deeper. Go deeper. Feel the peace and the calm of the earth. That is also you. As Gary Douglas, founder of Access Consciousness, says, “If you allow yourself to be and have that peace, it allows you to be one with the earth.” Now open your eyes slowly. And what if you could walk through your day with that presence, that peace, and that connection?
Science tells us that everything, at its most basic level is energy. Change the energy and you change how that area of your life shows up. By asking questions you are literally changing the energy and inviting the universe to show you something different from your current experience.
In addition to being in the question, an Access Bars session provides a very simple process for transforming the energy so you can start having a different experience in any or all aspects of your life, be it with your health, your wealth, your relationships, your business or work.
These sessions allow your body and mind to relax through releasing all the limiting thoughts, ideas, attitudes, decisions and beliefs that you have ever had. Similar to deleting files off your computer’s hard-drive, more space becomes available to receive and create something totally new.
If you have stress symptoms, taking steps to manage your stress can have numerous health benefits. Explore stress management strategies such as physical activity, relaxation techniques and stress relief such as Access Bars & the Access Consciousness tools which are offered world-wide and at Kundalini House!
What others are saying…
“Access Bars and using the questions and clearing statements has helped me to find more calm, equilibrium and space to be me. It has helped me to integrate parts of myself that were disjointed. It has allowed me to release faulty thinking and aspects of the past that were holding me back. Overall it has brought me more awareness of my habitual thought patterns, perceptions and perspectives that are not always helpful or even true. And the tools to change them. I’m grateful for the shifts I’ve experienced so far and look forward to more and deeper shifts as I continue on this path”. Brid Garden, Vic.
For more information about Access Bars and these tools contact Sally on 0407240247 or email@example.com